Friday 26 October 2012

My Kind of Season-Autumn in Rochester

Autumn is my favourite season of the year for the many lovely hues of gold, red, brown and even orange.  I'm sure there are a lot of places in the United Kingdom and other countries in the world (that enjoy four seasons) that can claim to have beautiful autumn scenes. My corner of the world is not exceptionally scenic; nor does it have remarkable autumn hues but I find it lovely nonetheless.

Rochester is a small town along the banks of the River Medway, about thirty miles (48 kilometres) from London. It is most visited for its cathedral and the ruins of a medieval castle of which more will be discussed in my next blog. 

So for your viewing pleasure, here are some images of little corner woodlands and parks around Rochester that are showing their autumn colours. 

bench for two in the park

golden canopy above a carpet of
golden leaves

leaves of autumn



carpet of leaves



shedding trees

woodland footpath strewn with leaves


trees along the gently sloping hills
at Victoria Gardens in Fort Pitt Hill

Golden leaves, flaming colours

gold on blue


I hope you enjoyed viewing them.  Thank you for dropping by. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment